Thursday, November 12, 2015









My Nana

My nana is as old as the caveman themselves. Wrinkle crease her rusty skin like train tracks her hair is prickly and grey like a porcupines and her eyes bag and bulge like there full water just ready to pop out.

Nana is not the usual stay at home, retired old lady she enjoys many active things such hiking,riding her bike and taking long walks around her neighborhood. But she also enjoys other things like playing the violin in an orchestra,making delicious puddings and most importantly helping people at the blind foundation.

Sometimes i remember things nana used to do with me,my mum and my sister. I imagine myself eating her stupendous,spongy lemon pudding, drizzled with custard and sprinkled with icing sugar. I would dig my spoon into the tiny china bowl and shovel great mounds of this delicious lemony goodness into my mouth.

Another thing that i remember very plainly is going to the Hamilton gardens with her and a few of my cousins. Garlands of flowers and ivy were strung around wooden poles, poppys danced and frolicked in the sunshine and the great marble statues looked as if they were really alive.

With a heart of gold and a soul that's pure i'm so glad that she's my one and only nana.  






2 comments:

  1. Hey Izabella. I love your story about your nana she sounds pretty fun. I liked how you put in a lot of describing words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Izabella I liked how you put in a few similes

    ReplyDelete